In 2004 The NY Grace LeGendre Endowment Fund began awarding Special Grants to organizations in order to sponsor educational or research opportunities which would further the advancement of working women. Since the inception of the program, eleven Special Grants have been awarded. The next Special Grants will be awarded in 2019. Requests may range from $100, but may not exceed the total funds available ($500).
Any NYS Women Inc. Local Chapter, Region, State President, or State Executive Committee may submit an application.
Applications from organizations not affiliated with NYS Women Inc. must include a mission statement that is consistent with the purpose of the Endowment Fund.
The special grant must fall into one of the following categories:
- To further the capabilities of individual business and professional women by means of lectures, seminars and other forms of education
- To conduct and/or support surveys and other research projects into current problems of importance to the community and to business and professional women
- To conduct and/or support research into the economic, social and health problems confronting business and professional women and into those fields in which lie interests and achievements of business and professional women
Note that the program for which a grant is awarded must be completed within one year of the award date.
Applications for 2019 will be made available in the Fall. The following documentation is required and must accompany the application form:
- A written plan or agenda describing the event and its goal(s)
- A projected budget
- A work plan or agenda giving date(s), facility where program is to be held, estimated attendance
- Description of publicity and/or media coverage planned
- Description of evaluation process
Address questions about Special Grants program to:
Mary Ellen Morgan, Chair
NY Grace LeGendre Special Grants Committee
901 East Lake Rd
Dundee, NY 14837
Application timeline - 2019 Special Grant
- September 2018 – applications will be made available.
- February 28, 2019 – deadline for applications and all supplemental material to be postmarked and sent to the Special Grants Chair.
- March/April 2019 – applications will be evaluated.
- May/June 2019 – the decision regarding successful applicants will be made in early May. Recipients of Special Grants will be notified by e-mail followed by an official letter of award.